Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Coolest Band You've Never Heard

As I'd like this blog to become a music blog, I thought it might be good to put up some music. In particular, some good music. The quick mission statement then is that I'm going to be putting up whatever promo tracks I can find of bands I've become recently enamoured with, as well as new tracks from all the myriad (or plethora, if you prefer) of music blogs already out there, which I've decided are actually worth your ear-time.

Without further ado, the first band I'd like to introduce you to are Crystal Skulls. Hailing from Seattle with their sunny indie-pop, I've come to absolutely love their debut effort "Blocked Numbers". Part of their appeal to me is the fact that I can't seem to think of any bands which they have directly taken their sound from. If you really need another band to be mentioned, I'd mention Spoon. But that's just off the top of my head. You be the judge.


grab these:
Airport Motels
No Room For Change

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd know what I'd say.

Anonymous said...

yellow micheal its good old mr frog just listening to some crystal skulls now on your recomendation.

managed to make it back from spain ok although it took ages and the airport was well rubbish spoke to cara a bit and she has a real job and everything and finnaly moved out ofthe hostel

peace and war

Anonymous said...

Dude it was so on last night. You're so money and you don't even know it!

Anonymous said...

Cooler than snakes on a plane? I doubt it.