Thursday, April 17, 2008

M83 vs. Midnight Juggernauts

Yes, this is a visual pun. Enjoy!

I wouldn't normally endorse a track before even hearing it, but given the bands involved here, and the fact that my Mac hates Windows streaming audio, I think I can make an exception. M83 and Midnight Juggernauts, two of my favourite bands from France and Australia respectively, recently toured around Australia. I caught them at the Forum in Melbourne, and both acts delivered a stellar show - my only qualm was that M83's support slot wasn't long enough. As Midnight Juggernauts continue their quest to be friends with the entire French music industry, M83 has become their latest remixer. This time, the hit single "Shadows" receives the Francophone treatment, and since I haven't heard it, I'll make an educated guess that the remix is both swirling and epic, which, while diluting the original's dancefloor aesthetic, imbues it with something more beautiful.

Stream: Midnight Juggernauts - "Shadows" (M83 Remix)

No comments: